If a Ransomware named Versato has infected your computer and has placed its encryption on your files, locking them up until you pay a ransom to the hackers behind the data-encrypting virus, then what you should do next depends on several factors that you must carefully assess in order to choose the best course of action for your specific situation. Those factors are:
- The importance of the files that Versato has locked up – if none of the files present in your computer, which this Ransomware has rendered inaccessible, are too important to you, this malware attack shouldn’t be such a huge issue. All you’d need to do is remove the infection, which you will learn how to do from the guide at the bottom of this post.
- The availability of data backups for your valuable files – if you have important data in you computer which Versato has encrypted, but you also have backups of that data, then you can restore the files from the backup once you remove the infection using our guide. If you do not have backups, then you may be in trouble, as there could be no guarantee about the future of your files.
- Your readiness to pay the ransom – we generally do not advise our readers to make the payment. However, if you cannot afford the ransom, this advice is irrelevant and the payment won’t be an option anyway.
Depending on those three factors, you should choose between two potential courses of action – the payment of the ransom, on the one hand, and the use of other alternative solutions, on the other. Now, our advice for our readers is to go with the latter, as neither option guarantees the retrieval of your files, but if you choose to opt for the alternatives, you will at least not be sending your money to the cyber criminals behind the virus.
The .Versato virus – removal
As we said, the guide below will help you with the elimination of the cryptovirus, and if you choose to opt for the alternatives, this is where you should start. In fact, regardless of what happens to your files, you should always make sure that Versato is removed from your computer, so that no more files get encrypted in your computer in the future. Once you get rid of the virus, you can go to the second section of the guide and try some of the alternatives there.
The .Versato file encryption and ransom
The reason we deem the payment option as an undesirable course of action is because the hackers may not really provide you with the corresponding decryption key once you pay them. This is the reason why even if you give in to their demands, you can still not be sure if you’d really get to restore your files. This is also why we recommend the use of our guide as the first thing you should try against such a virus. Only if the alternatives that we offer you do not should you consider more the more radical and the riskier option that is the ransom payment.
Versato Virus Removal
You are dealing with a ransomware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to decrypt and recover your encrypted files (if it is currently possible). You can find the removal guide here.