This page aims to help you remove Volgmer Malware. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The following passages will reveal to you all the info about the infection caused by a version of a Trojan horse virus – Volgmer. Also, some details about the characteristic features of these viruses will be shared. Moreover, we will offer you a way to remove a piece of malware like this. As you perhaps know, the mythological Trojan horse is the device that won the victory for Greece in the Trojan War. That is the reason why these cyber-threats have been named after it. They are dangerous indeed, not only in the stories about them. Perhaps you may be wondering why these malicious programs have that common name. The main reason is that they act in the same way the wooden horse from the myth did – they benefit from the fact that your system is weak and use that to get inside. At first they appear harmless and wait until everything is perfect and then, attack what they have been programmed to attack from your system. In the end you are infected and usually experience horrible consequences, having no clue how everything has happened.
Why are Trojans favorites of the hackers for cyber attacks?
All hackers worldwide love Trojans, as they may be used for plenty of aims and different plans. We will describe them as a whole here, for these viruses are indeed capable of performing anything once incorporated into your PC. They might really be responsible for the negative results mentioned below and many more:
- An infection caused by a Trojan could cause corruption or destruction of data: This kind of malware is frequently exploited by hackers simply to have fun. With this we mean that the cyber criminals are sometimes delighted when they delete files, corrupt them in some ways, or destroy an entire system. For this reason the hackers enjoy and prefer to exploit exactly Trojans. You shouldn’t be surprised if some of your data is lost or your OS is destroyed because of such a virus.
Volgmer Malware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!
- Your PC could be turned into a bot and its resources may get exploited: Trojans are the most preferred means for draining your PC resources for the purpose of distributing spam or mining crypto currencies, meaning that your device could be slowed down as a result of that.
- The hackers may be after your identity or your cash: Oftentimes cyber criminals use Trojans with the aim to steal money from users who are simply innocent victims. The virus is indeed capable of remembering your key strokes, bank account credentials and other personal info that could later help the scammers drain your deposits and steal your money. One more thing is that your personal info could be in danger as the hackers bullying you might play with the information about you online, and could even commit some crimes on your behalf, which is more than terrifying.
- The hackers might be interested in spying on you: Lots of cyber-criminals have physically abusive or even stalking behavior. They may spy on you by exploiting a virus like Volgmer Malware and thus control your device remotely, turn on your mic or webcam and watch you continuously. What is really dangerous is that such criminals may later become physical. Last but not least, they will have all details about you; e.g. address, occupation, appearance, job, education.
- The virus may be looking for some classified information from the company you work for: Sometimes the criminals behind the virus have the intent of stealing some company data and they could use an employee’s device to break into your professional network.
Where can Volgmer Malware be found?
It may be found along with Ransomware as a component of a spam email or attachment (image, archive, .exe file) or as a drive-by download, which comes from clicking on malicious pop-up or other ads. It is obvious that there could be other sources of these viruses like shareware, bundles, torrents and illegal or compromised webpages. In order to prevent potential infections in the future, it is essential for you stay away from Volgmer Malware’s possible sources. Furthermore, we recommend you install a powerful, high-quality anti-malware tool on your computer. Reputed anti-virus software will also help you to a great extent protect your system from other cyber threats as well.
Possible ways to remove this Trojan:
Our suggestion would be to implement all the instructions in our Removal Guide below. We hope that you will succeed in dealing with this awful infection!
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Unfortunately, there are no signs of the infection at first and Trojans can even go unnoticed for as long as several months because of this|
|Distribution Method||Via malicious ads, pop-ups, all forms of spam, illegal web pages and content.|
Some threats of this type reinstall themselves repeatedly if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.