Vpn Best App
Vpn Best App is an unwanted iPhone app that affects the way the browser behaves by causing it to open certain sites without the user’s permission. Vpn Best App will also spam the screen with obstructive banners and alter some of the device’s settings.
This app belongs to the infamous software category typically referred to as browser hijackers. Such apps (Lustricwalt, Ernmentwei) are more commonly encountered on Android devices or on Windows PCs but, throughout the past couple of years, the number of browser hijacker versions compatible with Apple products such as Macs and iPhones has started to go up.
The VpnBestApp Virus
The main method of distribution used by iPhone hijackers like VpnBestApp is file bundling. This is when a given app is built inside another one as a bonus feature. This software distribution method oftentimes prevents users from noticing the presence of the bundled app and they get it installed without realizing it.
This is why it is essential to always be careful with the download sources you use when downloading new software. Since you are an iPhone user, it’s best to stick to the App Store and avoid any other download sources. However, since sometimes even the App Store gets questionable apps uploaded to it despite all of the security measures incorporated in it, you should also check the reviews and ratings of apps you want to download as well as use your common sense in order to determine if you’d really want to install a given application.
For removal instructions for Vpn Best App, check out the following removal guide. It is important to uninstall Vpn Best App so that you stop getting its ads, some of which may land you on Trojan horse– or Ransomware-infested sites.
|Name||Vpn Best App|
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||The main symptoms are changes in the browser settings and sudden redirects to unknown sites.|
|Distribution Method||Usually, such apps can be found inside third-party download platforms that are seen as alternatives to Apple’s App Store.|
Remove Vpn Best App Virus from iPhone
If you have an iPhone virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have a Windows virus, please use our Windows Virus Removal guide.
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.