This page aims to help you remove Wanna Cry Virus for free. Our instructions also cover how any Wanna Cry file can be recovered.
The general topic of the text below is the infection caused by a ransom-demanding, file-encoding program, popular as Wanna Cry Virus. As you could be expecting, this actual program is awfully malicious and falls into the Ransomware group.
Basically, this categorization means your most commonly modified data might become hijacked via a complicated encryption process you might not be able to stop or reverse. Despite that, it’s ultimately worth reading the next paragraphs to get informed and choose how to proceed with such malware.
Talking in brief about Ransomware:
Ransomware is known as the most malicious virus category and is believed to have originated in Russia. The very first examples of such viruses are known to have appeared at the end of the 20th century. Back then there used to be two types of ransom-requesting programs:
*file-locking-up, the subgroup Wanna Cry Virus belongs to that is expert at encrypting some files from drives:
*screen-locking, the subcategory, whose members are only able to target the screens of all kinds of devices as computers/ laptops/ phones and tablets; and block them, demanding your money for making them accessible.
The most frightening Ransomware group – the file-encryption causing viruses, and how these viruses normally function:
- First of all, such malicious programs can enter your computer on their own or with some help. The contamination could occur in many ways. Nonetheless, it is likely to take place via email letters and their attachments, and as soon as you load any of them, an infection could follow. It is even possible that such a letter may even include a Trojan virus. One more possible case is to get infected by this malicious piece by loading contagious web pages. What’s more, you might end up infected if you open/ follow a malicious advertisement – clicking on such ads is likely to redirect you to a contaminated web page, where many forms of malware may automatically infiltrate your PC.
However, there are many other potential sources like torrents and video-sharing websites. In this case the method of infecting is almost similar: – you get infected by this virus automatically- once you get exposed to it.
- The next circle of the process of contamination is the review, which Wanna Cry Virus may perform of all your disks and drives. Such a research targets all you storages and is focused on finding the data, which has been accessed most often. Following that, Wanna Cry Virus normally prepares a list with all such files.
- Then, the encryption process takes place. Wanna Cry Virus usually proceeds with making all the enlisted files inaccessible. Right after every single data piece from the aforementioned list has been encrypted, you get a special notification about that. Typically, such an alert includes all the info about paying the required ransom – and sometimes even some more scary threats about the future of the encoded data.
Will paying off the ransom be enough to solve such a serious issue?
To our mutual misfortune, in the general case – this is NOT what follows. In fact, the hackers may just keep your files encrypted forever once they have received your money.
If we were you, we would never agree to pay any criminals – at least not until we have made every possible attempt to solve the issue ourselves. The following may help indeed:
- See and pay/ask an expert for some help and assistance. Perhaps some professionals have their own manner of dealing with such dangerous viruses. Moreover, it is INDEED wiser to pay for tips or know-how, and possibly save your data, than to simply give money to the harassing hackers. Nevertheless, even some of the professionals with experience in this field might admit to being incapable of finding a real solution to the problem with Wanna Cry Virus.
- Check whether you are able to remove this contamination via following the advice in our well-designed Removal Guide. That may really help you, but still, you receive no guarantee of its positive consequences.
What could indeed work when it comes to Ransomware:
There is only one known method of successfully fighting Ransomware and- surprise- its name is prevention. This has always been the most effective choice. What you have to do is to make an effort to BACK UP all your important files as often as you can until doing so becomes a habit. Creating such habits may save you from all sorts of threats.
|Name||Wanna Cry Virus|
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Wanna Cry Virus
You are dealing with a ransomware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to decrypt and recover your encrypted files (if it is currently possible).
You can find the removal guide here.