This page aims to help you remove Wannacrypt Ransomware for free. Our instructions also cover how any Wannacrypt Ransomware file can be recovered.
The purpose of the following text is to inform you about the potential effects of a very malicious virus: Wannacrypt Ransomware, as well as of its characteristics and its typical way of functioning. Bearing in mind the fact that this program has been considered a Ransomware variant, what you can expect from it is briefly summarized below:
- Self-installation on your computer: meaning that such programs don’t even need to trick you into getting them installed. Actually, such malware becomes a part of your PC right and automatically after being downloaded from any of its sources.
- A thorough scan of all your drives, which aims to determine which data of yours exactly you tend to use more. Following that – a creation of a full list with all of these pieces of data takes place.
- Sadly, this terrible program called Wannacrypt Ransomware will then proceed with the encryption of all the aforementioned files: one piece after another. As soon as all the files have finally been blocked, you are going to receive a horrific notification. Normally, such a frightening message will inform you about the fact that your data has been locked up and you are supposed to pay a ransom in order to decrypt it.
To be completely precise, seldom will you come across a more terrifying kind of malware. So far Ransomware tops the list with the most malicious threats. Nonetheless, even such a bad situation is not hopeless. If you read the entire article, you will get an idea of what to proceed with in order to try to remove this threat.
Does Ransomware always encrypt files?
Actually, only the members of the data-locking-up subcategory of this malware DO block your data. The other versions of this malicious software may show other features. There are Ransomware subtypes the representatives of which are exploited for the purpose of locking the screen of your device. The monitor-blocking and the mobile-encrypting Ransomware subgroups are the two biggest subtypes. We can easily say they have more or less similar functions: they can simply affect the screens of your devices and make them inaccessible to you. They achieve that by covering them with big ransom-demanding messages, which are the same as the other ransom-requiring notifications. In general, such an alert informs you about the fact that you need to pay a ransom in order to decrypt the display of whatever device has caught the corresponding virus (such as laptops/ tablets/ phablets/ smartphones). Nevertheless, the biggest Ransomware subcategory is the one consisting of file-encrypting programs like Wannacrypt Ransomware.
The typical means of distribution:
- Spam emails (and their corresponding attachments):
This is a very typical way of distributing Ransomware. In such a case, the virus may automatically infect you if you load a contaminated email, or download and/or open any of its attachments. Actually, all kinds of attached files could be contagious: images/ documents/ .exe files.
- Fake advertisements and system requests:
-The pop-ups you might come across on the web may be infected. That’s why it is vital to simply avoid them all as you can’t really tell apart the dangerous from the innocent ones. Furthermore, often the viruses you may come across on the Internet could display fake system requests, resembling the ones your system may produce. Our advice in this case is to just check for updates yourself and do not foolishly click on any pop-up that appears on your screen.
- Torrents, illegal-software; movie/video- sharing websites; video and movie-streaming web pages:
Also, these are among the most common sources of Ransomware. It is essential that you download and use only software, movies and videos from trustworthy platforms for your own cyber safety.
What can be done in case your PC has caught a dangerous threat such as Wannacrypt Ransomware?
Perhaps, this is the worst part, as whatever you choose to do might not be enough- either for the encryption of your data, or for the removal of the virus. However, there could be a way of getting rid of this virus and the possibilities include:
- Looking for the advice of someone who is an expert for assistance;
- Buying the license of software that is designed to fight such infections;
- Lastly, what about checking out the Removal Guide we have provided to complete this difficult task.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Wannacrypt Ransomware Virus Removal
You are dealing with a ransomware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to decrypt and recover your encrypted files (if it is currently possible).
You can find the removal guide here.