The term “Trojan Horse” is a term you have already likely heard. Nowadays it is used for to refer to viruses that belong to a malware group that appears harmless in the beginning, or acts in an unnoticeable way. However, most of the viruses from this category tend to be awfully dangerous. In fact, this is the name of the biggest malware family that has ever existed – Trojans are responsible for over 70% of all the malware infections worldwide.
In the passages below we have discussed all the characteristic features of this malware group in general, and the features of Win32:Malware-gen – the virus we will be focusing on throughout this article. We believe that the Removal Guide attached below will also be very useful when it comes to getting rid of this exact Trojan version.
The typical characteristics of all Trojan viruses:
In general, all the malicious programs from this category are known for their rather invisible manner of operating. In the passages below, you will see that all these hazardous programs may get programmed to complete a wide range of dangerous tasks while installed on your computer. To make it worse, such viruses are famous for doing everything in secret, and you may not notice any sign of harmful activities until the virus has already achieved its goals. Moreover, you must be aware of the fact that all such viruses may differ significantly- as their designers could set them to perform many various tasks.
Also, the most usual sources of this malicious family could be as numerous and varying as their potential uses. We have included all the information we could find about these viruses in this article,so read on if you want to be better informed.
Trojans typically vary in their purpose. What you need to be prepared for when it comes to Win32:Malware-gen Virus:
- Such viruses often destroy or corrupt something on your PC: Most of the representatives of this group may be exploited for crashing your device. One more typical way of using such a virus is for deleting important system data on your PC, thus rendering you unable to fully explore the features of your system.
- Such malware could spy on you: In addition to the previous use, Win32:Malware-gen might also get exploited as a espionage tool. The hackers behind this malware might even be able to switch on all your system’s recording devices such as microphones and webcams so as to stalk you live on a daily basis. Moreover, this virus may enable the cyber-criminals to record all your keystrokes, and even access your online accounts’ details such as passwords and usernames. The online scammers making and distributing such Trojans might also be after data related to the company you might be working for. Therefore, all your activities related to your job may get followed.
- Your system resources might be the actual target of the scammers: Such a virus could simply be meant for turning your PC into a bot, thus enabling the online terrorists to exploit all of your system’s resources for various illegal purposes.
- Ransomware distribution: Most Trojans may be used for distributing Ransomware versions. In case that happens to your computer, your data may be endangered as the Ransomware programs could encode your data files and never unlock, sometimes, even if you carry out the demanded ransom payment!
Win32:Malware-gen Virus is similar to other Trojans in terms of distribution methods?
- Win32:Malware-gen could be included inside web platforms, torrents and shareware.
- Such viruses may come from various streaming web pages, usually illegal ones, especially those violating different copyright laws.;
- Getting infected is also possible in case you open a contagious letter from your electronic mail or anything that comes as an attachment – even a text document.
- The infections caused by a Trojan version are also likely to occur provided that you click on a fake or misleading web add or browser request. Such ads might lead to infected web locations.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Win32:Malware-gen Virus Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone.