This page aims to help you remove Win32/Herz.b Virus. These Win32/Herz.b Virus removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Tricky, dangerous and very cunning – this is what probably comes to your mind when you hear about Trojan horses. These online threats are something you should better stay away from, but if you, by any chance, were unlucky enough to catch one of them, here we might be able to help you remove it. Win32/Herz.b Virus is a recently detected Trojan horse, which is already responsible for the contamination of a large number of computers. Some users, who have just been attacked by it, contacted our team with a request to help them deal with the infection and here we are. In the article below, we tried to thoroughly describe the specifics of this new online threat, and also offer you a solution in the form of a removal guide, which can help you detect and eliminate the infection. Make sure you closely read all the essential information and instructions we have provided below, so you won’t miss anything important and handle Win32/Herz.b Virus in the best possible way.
Win32/Herz.b Virus – typical traits and specifics
When we speak about Trojan horses, there are a few typical behavioral traits, which pretty much distinguish this type of malware from all of the rest online threat. Not only are these cunning pieces of software very hard to detect and catch on time, but they actually camouflage and spread in ways and locations you never expect. Advanced threats like Win32/Herz.b Virus, for example, tend to appear like seemingly harmless pieces of content, which aim to trick you into clicking on them, to get you infected. Once they are inside the system, they turn out to be very harmful to your entire machine and can severely compromise your PC and security. With these tricky abilities, no wonder that the Trojans cause more than 70 percent of all malware infections and are indeed one of the most hazardous threats one could encounter on the web. What is more, malicious scripts like Win32/Herz.b Virus can be used by the hackers for a wide range of harmful tasks and in most of the cases, they perform them secretly, without giving out any visible symptoms or signs that can raise the alert.
What can be the purpose of a Trojan like Win32/Herz.b Virus?
As we already mentioned above, one very important thing you have to be aware of is that Win32/Herz.b Virus could be very diverse in its malicious purposes. The hackers, who created it, can basically program this Trojan to perform a number of harmful tasks. Some of the most common ones are listed below.
- Data or system corruption, different modifications and total PC destruction – Win32/Herz.b Virus, as well as any member of the Trojan horse category, can effectively be used to corrupt certain data inside your system, modify some of your settings and information, destroy certain programs or crash your entire OS. It may sound ridiculous, but sometimes, the hackers just find it funny to break through the peoples’ computers, mess them up and entertain themselves by causing huge misery to the victims.
- Spying and credential stealing – Oftentimes a Trojan horse can be used to collect various sensitive information and confidential data from the infected computer. The criminals can program it to spy on the users’ activity from the moment the machine is on, to the moment it is turned off. They can track down everything you type on your keyboard like passwords, login credentials, banking details, your chats and even have unauthorized access to the camera and the mic, in order to secretly watch you all the time. This way, private information related to your business, your work, and your personal life can easily become accessible and may be used for blackmail, harassing or fraud.
- Distribution of different malware – Win32/Herz.b Virus could be the perfect instrument for malware distribution. It can be programmed to create system vulnerabilities and introduce different viruses, Spyware, Ransomware and other threats right inside your machine. That’s why it is very important to remove the Trojan immediately to prevent worse consequences for your system and data.
What are the potential Trojan horse transmitters?
Threats like Win32/Herz.b Virus could be secretly incorporated into various transmitters. From shady websites, illegal web pages, torrents, shareware and automatic software installers, to different streaming pages and pirate content – they all may be potential carriers of a Trojan horse infection. The threat may be delivered to you in the form of an email with some attachment or a link, which looks interesting and prompts you to click on it. Our advice is not to interact with content you are not sure about and under no circumstances should you click on randomly popping messages, ads, notifications and offers, the sources of which you don’t trust. Use your antivirus to scan your system and your inbox for potentially dangerous content to avoid malware infections and stay away from insecure and unknown web locations. Sometimes, one wrong click may be the difference between having your PC severely compromised or staying safe, so act with caution in order to prevent serious threats.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||This threat manages to remain hidden and doesn’t have any visible symptoms or signs that can raise an alert.|
|Distribution Method||Shady websites, illegal web pages, torrents, shareware and automatic software installers, different streaming pages and pirate content, spam, emails with malicious attachments.|
Remove Win32/Herz.b Virus
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!