It is increasingly common to find some Browser Hijacker like Yourbestlandever or similar ad-generating component that appears without your permission in the main Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) when we download a free program.
When you get this type of elements installed in your browser, they completely change the settings configuration you had and set a new default homepage and search engine that are associated with some sponsored third-party domains. Due to this, those type of elements are generally considered as potentially unwanted. If you are reading this text, the chances are you already have a Browser Hijacker in your computer, more precisely, one recently that can change the homepage to Yourbestlandever. This hijacker can also constantly display different ads, pop-ups, banners, and similar promotional materials that have nothing to do with the page you are currently visiting, and automatically page-redirect your web searches to some third-party sites. In addition to this, on the Internet you can find many cases of web users referring to Yourbestlandever as a source of annoyance while some people even call it a virus.
Our technicians, however, have informed us this hijacker is not a virus or malware and has little in common with real security threats such as Ransomware or Trojans. This is simply an advertising tool that modifies the configuration of you browsers with the goal to promote certain products, services, and pages on the screen during web browsing. Yet, despite not being malicious, it is highly recommended to remove Yourbestlandever correctly and there are a number of reasons for that.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Yourbestlandever!
How to remove Yourbestlandever
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Yourbestlandever in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Yourbestlandever from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Yourbestlandever.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Yourbestlandever.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Yourbestlandever from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Yourbestlandever extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Yourbestlandever and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Yourbestlandever on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Yourbestlandever extension
- Get rid of Yourbestlandever by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Yourbestlandever” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Yourbestlandever
- Open task manager
- Look for the Yourbestlandever process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Yourbestlandever
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Yourbestlandever” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Yourbestlandever
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Yourbestlandever in there
- Uninstall Yourbestlandever from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Yourbestlandever-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Yourbestlandever in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is Yourbestlandever dangerous?
This Browser Hijacker isn’t supposed to steal sensitive personal data but it may redirect to pages that do. For instance, the hijacker may prompt you to click on ads that may land on you sketchy and/or phishing websites. The Yourbestlandever homepage may also display different offers of products and services with questionable quality and reputation. The ultimate goal is to get a greater number of clicks on the advertising pages. It is not excluded that such pages may be compromised and may contain security hazards or carriers of real viruses (including Trojans, Ransomware and Spyware), apart from being very intrusive. That’s why taking precautions, or better yet, uninstalling the page-redirecting component can save you from an accidental encounter with hazardous content.
Most Browser Hijackers like Captcha Today Top, iStart Search Bar however, are a bit tough to uninstall if you are new to this. This is because usually, these annoying browser components may have the ability to modify the Windows registry so that the imposed browser configuration is restored each time the computer is restarted, even if you have just brought back your old settings. That’s why, in order to deal with this annoyance effectively, you may need to either use a specialized removal tool or a manual removal guide. Fortunately, below this article, there is exactly what you need. All you have to do is carefully follow the instructions or run a scan with the professional Yourbestlandever removal tool and you will be able to quickly eliminate the unwanted browser changes and restore your browser settings.
Leave a Comment