If you are here, it is probably because you’ve been faced with a big number of annoying Ytmp3.nu ads, banners, and page-redirects. Various sponsored Ytmp3.nu advertisements might have started appearing in your Chrome, Explorer, or Firefox browser, and may have started distracting you while you surf the web.
A change in the browser’s homepage, or in its main search engine may have also taken place without your approval. The most probable cause is a possible infection with a browser hijacker called Ytmp3.nu. A browser hijacker is a type of software that typically generates huge amounts of advertisements, and page-redirects during your web browsing.
The main problem with Ytmp3.nu, and the browser hijackers in general is that such programs may expose you to potential dangers through their constant pop-ups, and redirects to random sites. For instance, Ytmp3.nu may prompt you to click on different banners, coupon codes, and attractive-looking offers that may not always be reliable.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Ytmp3.nu!
How to remove Ytmp3.nu
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Ytmp3.nu in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Ytmp3.nu from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Ytmp3.nu.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Ytmp3.nu.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Ytmp3.nu from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Ytmp3.nu extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Ytmp3.nu and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Ytmp3.nu on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Ytmp3.nu extension
- Get rid of Ytmp3.nu by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Ytmp3.nu” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Ytmp3.nu
- Open task manager
- Look for the Ytmp3.nu process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Ytmp3.nu
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Ytmp3.nu” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Ytmp3.nu
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Ytmp3.nu in there
- Uninstall Ytmp3.nu from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Ytmp3.nu-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Ytmp3.nu in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Ytmp3.nu?
Though it can be quite annoying, and has most likely found its way into your computer with the assistance of some rather sneaky methods, such software shouldn’t be referred to as malware. Malware is harmful, and malicious – such programs are the viruses, the ransomware, and other dangerous pieces of software that will undoubtedly cause damage to your PC. A browser hijacker, however, is relatively harmless, and cannot corrupt your computer, or damage your files.
Having this distinction is important for your peace of mind, but we still do not advise you to let Ytmp3.nu remain on your machine for long. Instead, we suggest you use the steps in the removal guide below, and carefully remove the program, and uninstall its browser changes.
And in the event that you click on a misleading link, or on a fake ad, you may end up installing something unwanted. Or even worse – you may immediately get infected with a virus as dangerous as a Ransomware or a Trojan Horse.
Of course, this isn’t always the case, but, in general, most security experts will tell you that interacting with the random ads a program like Ytmp3.nu, iStart Search Bar, Total Recaptcha may display is not a good idea.
Is Ytmp3.nu dangerous?
Such software is usually programmed to constantly display different paid ads, and sponsored redirect links on your screen in an attempt to make you click on them. And there usually is no way to stop this activity, or remove the nagging ads unless you fully uninstall the program that is generating them. Fortunately, with the help of the removal guide, and the professional Ytmp3.nu removal tool which you can find below, eliminating the hijacker shouldn’t be that hard.
After you have successfully uninstalled the unwanted program from your device, however, you must think about reliable protection. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of keeping away from dangerous websites, and avoiding sketchy download materials from open-source, or freeware platforms. The reason is, various harmful programs can be bundled in such installers and, if you don’t pay attention, you never know what you may land in your computer. That’s’ why our advice is to keep away from sketchy web locations, to pay attention to what you are about to install, and to always have a functioning antivirus on your computer.
Leave a Comment