If you have recently detected a virus called Enoughtoua Scam in your machine, then you may be in some serious trouble. Enoughtoua Scam is a representative of the largest malware family, comprising approximately 60 percent of all online computer viruses, namely, the Trojan Horses.
These viruses use stealth, and different disguise tactics to infiltrate the victim’s machine, and to complete their criminal agendas. We have created the following article in order to help our readers locate, and remove Enoughtoua Scam quickly and effectively before it can reveal its full malicious potential.
Why are Trojans so popular?
The Trojan Horse infections are well known for their stealth and the wide range of malicious activities they can perform. These threats have become the most widespread type of malware on the Internet thanks to their incredible arsenal of harmful capabilities. While we cannot identify the exact purpose of an infections such as Enoughtoua Scam or Wup.exe on your machine, we will describe the main uses of Trojans in general in order to give you a broader perspective of what you are dealing with.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Enoughtoua Scam!
How to remove Enoughtoua Scam
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Enoughtoua Scam in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Enoughtoua Scam from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Enoughtoua Scam.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Enoughtoua Scam.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Enoughtoua Scam from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Enoughtoua Scam extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Enoughtoua Scam and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Enoughtoua Scam on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Enoughtoua Scam extension
- Get rid of Enoughtoua Scam by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Enoughtoua Scam” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Enoughtoua Scam
- Open task manager
- Look for the Enoughtoua Scam process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Enoughtoua Scam
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Enoughtoua Scam” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Enoughtoua Scam
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Enoughtoua Scam in there
- Uninstall Enoughtoua Scam from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Enoughtoua Scam-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Enoughtoua Scam in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is Enoughtoua Scam dangerous?
A Trojan like Enoughtoua Scam may have targeted your computer to remove information from it. This is achieved most commonly by formatting your system’s drives, wiping them clean of the information stored on them. If this has not already happened, however, you have a great opportunity to remove the infection before it has completed its agenda.
For many Trojans, a more likely use might be to steal information from you. This may be work-related data, particularly if your computer is connected to a corporate network. For example, the Trojan may be inserted in the system to extract sensitive information that might be used to harm the company. If you are targeted as a private individual, the same virus could be exploited to steal personal information, to hijack your identity, to gain access to your login credentials, passwords, and online bank accounts, etc. Obviously, any of the above may have very bad consequences for you, which makes it crucial to remove Enoughtoua Scam right away.
Trojans are well-known for their abilities to spy on their victims. They can be used to hack into your webcam and/or mic, and provide the hackers with details about your daily activities, your home, and your conversations. This, in turn, can open up opportunities for actual physical crimes, as the information gained through such activity could be used to burgle your house, stalk you, blackmail you, etc.
Distribution of other viruses. Trojans are also often used to assist in infecting computers with threats such as Ransomware. Once the Trojan is activated by the unsuspecting user, the Ransomware is automatically downloaded to that machine, and the latter starts placing powerful encryption on the files stored there. As a result, the victim is denied access to their own data, and is blackmailed by the cyber criminals behind the infection to pay a ransom.
Now, our removal guide will help you manually remove Enoughtoua Scam from your machine, but If you are unsure about your computing skills, and would prefer to trust a reliable security program to handle this task for you, our professional removal tool will do the job in just a few clicks.
Leave a Comment