Iphone-notification.com is an application of the browser hijacking type that can make unwanted modifications to your main browser. For instance, Iphone-notification.com can substitute the default homepage address with a new one and replace the search engine with one that generates sponsored results.
Download Dashlane for iOS
If you are interested in this article, strange alternations may have taken place inside your Safari,Chrome or Firefox browser. Many different ads might have started to pop-up all over your screen. New browser components may have been installed without your approval and you may have started to experience unwanted redirects to irrelevant websites. Fortunately, we have given detailed information on the software that stands behind these changes and, if you read the next lines, you will learn more about its activities and the methods that you can use to uninstall it.
Iphone-notification.com is the probable source of the above-mentioned browsing disturbance. This is a program that is a member of the so-called browser hijacker category of software. The browser hijackers are specifically designed to display ads in your browser, redirect you to certain locations on the web and, even change the homepage and/or the search engine of your browser. From that aspect, these programs are nothing but online advertising tools. The more pop-up ads and banners they display and the more you get to click on them while you surf the web, the more money the owners of the browser hijacker make. This is a well-known pay-per-click marketing strategy that is both very commonly used and completely legal.
Phone-notification.com could be distributed via spam emails, torrents, and freeware sites, for example. Nevertheless, there is a more commonly used method to land a program like Phone-notification.com on your device and that is the software bundling. Software bundling is simply of putting together different software and lets the users install it all together with the help of one installation package. Normally, you can download the aforesaid packages free of charge from different free download sites, torrent sites, shareware sites, etc.
If you simply download a software package, however, your device won’t automatically be contaminated with a browser hijacker. The installation of this annoying software happens only when the users run the default/automatic/quick setup and don’t pay attention to the customization options which give them the chance to disable some of the programs in the bundle.
That’s why if you want to keep programs like Iphone-notification.com away from your system, please always select installation options that provide the most information and control over the setup package that you are about to install. Typically, this is the Advanced or the Custom option. Forget the other options –automatic, fast, brief, default – regardless of how they are named, these options will install the entire bundle as it is, including the browser hijacker and some other potentially unwanted applications that may have been placed along with the program you desire.
Fortunately, even if you have installed Iphone-notification.com by mistake, the good news is that this program is not a virus, so you can easily remove it without having to face some serious negative consequences. Indeed, some of you may initially mistake the intrusive browser changes and the aggressive stream of ads as possible symptoms for a virus infection but that is not the case. Real malware like Ransomware or Trojans will not simply interrupt your web browsing with ads. It will encrypt your personal data, spy on you and even destroy the entire system if not removed on time.
The activities that Iphone-notification.com performs, however, are just annoying and not harmful. Yet, it might be a good idea to uninstall this software because you may sometimes be redirected to dubious websites that may contain real malware such as the above-mentioned Ransomware and Trojan horse viruses.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||People who have a browser hijacker in their system can easily notice its page-redirecting and ad-generation activity.|
|Distribution Method||Software bundles and free program installers are common places where browser hijackers can be found.|
Remove Iphone-notification.com Virus
if you have an iPhone virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have a Windows virus, please use our Windows Virus Removal guide.
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.