This page aims to help you uninstall MPC Cleaner. These remove MPC Cleaner instructions work for every version of Windows. “MPC Cleaner Desinstalar”,”MPC Cleaner Verwijderen”,”Eliminar MPC Cleaner” and “MPC Cleaner Entfernen” are just a few of the inbox messages we’ve received lately, showing that a variety of different users wish to know how to uninstall this PUP from they system.
MPC Cleaner is a potentially unwanted program advertised by DotCash Limited as a lightweight cleanup assistant and system optimizer. In reality MPC Cleaner is known to detect a lot of false issues within your system.
If you do not remember installing the PUP yourself then it’s likely that this application sneaked into your computer unannounced. We’ll be discussing the most likely ways of how that might have happened, as well as provide some advice on questions of:
- Is MPC Cleaner actually harmful?
- Is it worth keeping?
Just keep reading!
Is MPC Cleaner worth using and paying for?
According to the site officially distributing this software “MPC is is the world’s most lightweight and reliable cleanup assistant.” Fair enough. There is one problem though – there is no actual proof behind these statements.
MPC Cleaner belongs to a family of programs commonly known as PC optimization software. These programs specialize in optimizing the registry file and terminating unnecessary processes. They don’t do anything vital or things that you don’t do manually on your own – they just save you time and the effort to learn this stuff. That said we’ve noticed that when run MPC Cleaner Verwijderen will scan your computer and display a large number of issues, thus making you believe you have a serious problem on your hands. The reality is that this application counts old and unused registry entries as problematic. Such entries have almost non-existent effect on the speed of your PC. MPC Cleaner Desinstalar will also optimize your program’s autorun priorities on system reboot. This will definitely speed up your computer, but may turn off programs that you actually want to be run automatically. If you have to turn them on manually that kind of defeats the purpose of the software, doesn’t it.
Is MPC Cleaner dangerous?
In our tests we have not found MPC Cleaner Desinstalar to try to perform any malicious actions on the test machine. On it’s own the program is perfectly safe (though not particularly useful due reasons explained above). We would still rate is as a PUP though (Potentially Unwanted Software). We’ll list our arguments below:
- This software was likely installed covertly via the aid of a software bundle. Software bundle is a trick in which one installer for a certain program is loaded with a bunch of other programs. Should the installer be started using the Default installation option all the extra programs will get installed as well and you will be completely unaware of the fact. This trick is used by Adware, Spyware, Trojan Horse viruses and more. The fact that MPC Cleaner also uses it is worrying on its own.
- If a software bundle method was used for the installation then its possible that some other malicious program was installed as well. A particularly nasty trick is to load some Adware that slows down your computer in order to make you actually believe you need. In reality you “need” to uninstall MPC Cleaner Verwijderen.
- MPC Cleaner will actually run a continuous Windows service in the background.
- The program’s scan results will show a large quantity of bogus problems.
Note: It is also possible that some unscrupulous hacker messed with the MPC Cleaner installer and added a nasty present to it. If MPC Cleaner was not obtained from the official developer’s site it might have been carrying the virus.
Regardless of the infection method used we highly recommend that you uninstall MPC Cleaner and then hunt down the cause behind the Ads.
|Type||PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)|
Uninstall MPC Cleaner
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone.