*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Usually, a Trojan like Oneetx.exe can be very difficult to identify, and the users rarely have the chance to detect it before it has performed its malicious task. In fact, that’s why the Trojans have such a high success rate – they can be sneaky, and very harmful, especially when considering newer variants like Oneetx.exe.
Trojans are among the most terrifying internet threats that one might encounter. The cybercriminals create these malicious pieces of software, and use them to perform different damaging operations, and illegal activities on the infected computer.
Typically, the infection with Oneetx.exe may occur accidentally, as this Trojan hides very well in all kinds of web content. In addition, the harmful code can be disguised as seemingly harmless documents, pictures, attachments to emails and spam messages, videos, different links, advertisements, and more. Only one click on such a well-masked transmitter is enough for the infection to take place, and, sadly, many victims have no idea when that has happened. That’s why it is really essential to pay attention to the safety of your system when surfing the internet. Having a reputed antivirus software is also a must when it comes to protecting your computer against such malicious threats.
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Oneetx.exe!
How to remove Oneetx.exe
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Oneetx.exe in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Oneetx.exe from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Oneetx.exe.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Oneetx.exe.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Oneetx.exe from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Oneetx.exe extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Oneetx.exe and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Oneetx.exe on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Oneetx.exe extension
- Get rid of Oneetx.exe by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Oneetx.exe” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Oneetx.exe
- Open task manager
- Look for the Oneetx.exe process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Oneetx.exe
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Oneetx.exe” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Oneetx.exe
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Oneetx.exe in there
- Uninstall Oneetx.exe from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Oneetx.exe-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Oneetx.exe in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What malicious activities can Oneetx.exe conduct?
As a typical Trojan Horse, Oneetx.exe may have various aims that may differ depending on the malicious acts its creators intend to use it for. Here, we’ve listed some of the most common harmful activities that a threat like Oneetx.exe, CRaccoon, Taskbarify and Pinaview could be used for, but be sure that this malware is not limited to just that.
Corrupting your files – Trojans can be used to destroy or delete some of the information found on your computer, or even cause system damage.
Distributing viruses, Ransomware, and Spyware – Oneetx.exe may quietly introduce other malware in the system by exploiting system vulnerabilities. Threats like Ransomware cryptoviruses oftentimes rely on the help of such Trojans to infect more computers.
Exploiting your system’s resources – this kind of malware can be used by the hackers as an instrument that can transform your computer into a bot, and involve it in various criminal acts, such as virus distribution, spam campaigns, and more.
Spying on you – if you have Oneetx.exe on your computer, you may get unknowingly exposed to the hackers’ eyes. The crooks can gain unauthorized access to your entire machine, spy on you through your web cam, or listen to your conversations by hacking your microphone.
Stealing your credentials – This malware may be capable of tracking, and recording all of your computer’s online, and offline operations. It can copy, and send to the unscrupulous cyber criminals all your sensitive credentials, passwords, payment information, and online banking access information. If the criminals behind the malware get hold of such information, they will most definitely use it for banking fraud or for blackmailing. That’s why you should remove the Trojan immediately once you detect it.
How can this dreadful threat be removed?
To cope with Oneetx.exe effectively, we suggest you follow the directions in the manual above. We’ve done our best to make them clear and easy to follow even for beginners. However, if you don’t feel comfortable enough to handle this danger on your own, the professional Oneetx.exe removal tool may be very helpful with identifying, and removing the Trojan.
Leave a Comment