This page aims to help you remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
A computer which has been compromised by a Trojan horse like Hacktool:Win32/Keygen could never be safe until the malware has been completely removed. Such an advanced computer threat might be detrimental to the health of your machine and might carry out a number of criminal activities without you having any clue about them. Unfortunately, the Trojan-based infections are too common as they are usually blamed for more than 70% of all the online malware contaminations worldwide. This impressive percentage can give you an idea of how high the possibility of landing a Trojan horse is. That’s why, it is very important to be well informed about the nature of this malware and the most effective ways to handle it. In the next lines, we will tell you more about the typical sources of Trojan infections, the web locations that you should avoid in order to keep your PC safe, the potential damage such threats could cause and, of course, the methods you can use to have Trojans removed from the system in case they have sneaked inside of it..
Stealthy infection methods
The main feature that probably has helped the Trojans become such a widespread and common online threat is their ability to stay hidden and use different types of disguise. They can come in the form of a legitimate-looking file, a harmless attachment, a link, an ad, a pop-up, an audio or video or along with a software installer. Hacktool:Win32/Keygen and Altruistics, for instance, would try to trick its victims into clicking on the malicious transmitter by evoking their curiosity with spam messages, on-screen ads, fake software update requests or too-good-to-be-true offers. That’s why, it is really important that you try to keep away from any shady or sketchy web content and avoid clicking on everything that pops up on your screen.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen!
How to remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Hacktool:Win32/Keygen in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Hacktool:Win32/Keygen.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Hacktool:Win32/Keygen.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Hacktool:Win32/Keygen and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Hacktool:Win32/Keygen on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen extension
- Get rid of Hacktool:Win32/Keygen by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Hacktool:Win32/Keygen” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
- Open task manager
- Look for the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Hacktool:Win32/Keygen” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Hacktool:Win32/Keygen in there
- Uninstall Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hacktool:Win32/Keygen-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Hacktool:Win32/Keygen in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Hacktool:Win32/Keygen ?
Hacktool:Win32/Keygen, in particular, is a new addition to this feared malware category and, according to the latest analyses, is among the most advanced threats that you could get your machine infected with. Because of that, we’ve decided to offer you a professional Hacktool:Win32/Keygen removal tool and a detailed manual Removal Guide in case that you need assistance with remove this Trojan from your machine. However, it is really important to understand its specifics first, in order to correctly detect it and avoid any further system damage.
Trojans such as Hacktool:Win32/Keygen are probably the perfect tools for any kind of online crime. The cybercriminals use them as their malware of choice when they want to perform specific malicious activities without getting detected. Hacking your system and causing terrible issues with the system’s performance is the least you could expect. The criminals oftentimes use Trojans to insert other viruses in the infected machine and to distribute Ransomware, Spyware, Worms and other nasty infections. A really dreadful ability of these threats is to provide their creators with full remote access, to secretly steal sensitive details and to exploit the system resources for carrying out criminal activities
Is Hacktool:Win32/Keygen dangerous?
Sadly, if you accidentally come across a Trojan horse carrier, you may not be able to initially recognize it and may get infected with one simple click on the intriguing but harmful malware source. And the bad thing is that the malware would normally not give any indications of its presence, at least not until some serious damage has been caused. If that has happened, then you might start noticing some issues, which could be taken as symptoms for the presence of the Trojan on the computer. For instance, some of the most easy-to-spot red flags might be the unusually high usage of system resources. A threat like Hacktool:Win32/Keygen might consume a lot of CPU or RAM power in order to carry out its criminal tasks in the background. If the malware is messing with the OS settings or the hackers make changes to your PC through remote access, then you may start to experience sudden crashes, unexpected software errors, significant slow-downs or frequent freezes. You may also lose data or notice that your files have been replaced or removed. Sadly, the Trojan could also perform many other types of harm without triggering any of these symptoms. The most effective way to catch it on time is to run regular system scans with a reliable antivirus software which can detect the infection. Investing in proper system protection might really save you from many threats such as Hacktool:Win32/Keygen and that’s why you should not ignore the importance of keeping your machine properly protected.
Leave a Comment