This page aims to help you remove the Smart New Tab Virus. These Smart New Tab Virus removal instructions work for all versions of Windows. The virus is commonly known for redirecting
We are convinced that you did not came upon this article by accident,i.e., by randomly surfing the web. If you are reading this text, then you have most likely encountered Smart New Tab Virus and are wondering ‘what the heck is this?’; ‘how do I protect my PC from the attack?’; and ‘how do I remove the virus?’ Well, we’ve got some good news for you: this article will tell you all of this information and the instructions provided are suitable for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Without further explanations let’s get to the topic now: the Smart New Tab Virus
What the heck is Smart New Tab Virus?
This is a virus that isn’t considered to be risky, but that is a misconception. Every malware is not only a potential threat for your system and information, but it is a very active hazard that many don’t take into consideration until one day they find their lovable device simply dead.
The virus could be quite vulnerable. By this we mean that it usually slows the performance of your PC and many glitches come up that you have not experienced before. Random bugs show-up here and there in between your files or even a browser redirecting may occur. For example, you are looking into one webpage and suddenly random and additional pages open up and/or tabs. The information presented on them could be absolutely meaningful at first gaze, but it could also be quite disgusting. Either way, this is a very,very bad sign and you should be aware of what to do if it happens to you.
The presence of Smart New Tab Virus into your system may cause you to lose content of important files or the entire files as a whole.
How do I protect my PC from Smart New Tab Virus attacks?
There are many ways you could do that. Obviously, there are plenty of anti-virus programs out there that you could purchase and install on your computer, but they are not always the solution you are looking for. Some of them don’t even provide a 100% protection against all types of viruses.It is always best to know how to do things yourself — ‘the old fashioned way’. For this reason we have given you a prepared to use removal guide that will teach you step-by-step how to uninstall the virus off your PC.
Other things you could do are (not a complete list as there are many other possibilities for ‘virus-insurance’):
- Pay attention when you’re downloading a file. Make sure you don’t use the default and/or automated settings when performing the download. It is always best to select what you want and don’t want in the advanced settings space. This will guarantee you maximum protection against software bundling. In short, software bundling is when you think that you are downloading one file, but in reality you are downloading many files. Almost always, all of them are virus carriers.
- Look carefully for how many advertisements you see on the websites you visit. Avoid sites with too many pop-up ads that could either appear as banners or flashing boxes. These can show-up in the top,bottom, corner or even worse, in the middle of your screen.
- Before opening e-mails, look into the subject field, the name of the sender, the hour it arrived in your inbox and size of letter. Phishing e-mails are imitations of letters sent to you by your friends, especially if you have added them into your address book. These are quite tricky and people easily get caught into their nets. These are viruses! If you happen to open one of them and you see a blank page, flashing text or self-dissapearing content, then now that it is a virus and immediately close the e-mail, browser, reboot your computer. If you have a good anti-virus program, you might want to scan it too.
You don’t need to hire an IT specialist to remove Smart New Tab Virus of your PC. You don’t need to throw your device away either. You need to be confident that you can manage the problem on your own and this confidence comes through knowledge. We invite you to read carefully the attached removal guide as your confidence against the malware begins with it.
|Name||Smart New Tab|
|Symptoms||bugs, browser redirects, unwanted files, redirects to smartnewtab.com|
|Distribution Method||e-mails, pop-up ads, too many commercials|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Smart New Tab Virus Removal
Readers are interested in:
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This was the first preparation.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyRemoverPro - a professional Parasite removal tool.
- Do not skip this – Smart New Tab Virus may have hidden some of its files.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove the Malware from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the malware —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Smart New Tab Virus from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Smart New Tab Virus from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
- At this point the malware is gone from Chrome, but complete the entire guide or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
A BIG WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!