There is a legitimate file located at C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe. It is not the same as this miner that has a name of Taskhostw.exe. Taskhost in Windows 10 is a core file located in the System32 folder and has been renamed as ‘taskhostw.exe’, from ‘taskhost.exe’ in Windows 7. If you find a file with this name in any other location, it could well be a virus and you might want to get it checked with your security software.
Any computer, that has been attacked by a malware from the Trojan horse family, could have really serious damage to its system as well as its data. Your PC is not an exception if it has been compromised by a Trojan like Taskhostw.exe Virus. Once inside the PC, this virus can cause issues, which you would better never experience. Usually, it is very difficult to detect the infection without proper security software because it uses various camouflaging techniques to trick you and remain as long as possible on the computer. That’s why the researchers from our “How to remove” team would advise you to be very careful when trying to deal with Taskhostw.exe Virus. Below, you will find more information about the possible damage that this Trojan may cause and a helpful removal tool along with a manual Removal Guide for proper detection and elimination of all the related malicious scripts.
Whаt is Taskhostw.exe?
Ttaskhostw.exe file is a secure system process of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system Often, malware writers, such as viruses, worms, and trojans, intentionally give their processes Taskhostw.exe a filename to avoid detection.
Taskhostw.exe is a new Trojan horse threat, which has many malicious abilities. A number of online users have already been infected with this malware and have reported different issues. According to the latest security analysis, Taskhostw.exe is a sophisticated virus, which can silently infect any computer, without particular symptoms. The moment it gets inside the system, it can initiate various harmful processes, most of which are unlikely to be detected without a proper antivirus software. The Trojan usually hides its traces and camouflages its malicious activities under guise of regular system processes till the moment when some major damage is caused to the infected computer. Only then the victim is actually likely to find out about the presence of the infection. This method of operation based on stealth and disguise is what makes Taskhostw.exe Virus such a dreadful infection which can cause damage when and where you least expect it.
To prevent such dreadful malicious consequences, our “How to remove” team would highly recommend you remove Taskhostw.exe Virus immediately. The quickest way to do that is to scan your PC with the professional Taskhostw.exe Virus removal tool form this article’s page. You can also use the instructions in the Removal Guide below or contact a professional of your choice for additional assistance.
How can you get infected with Taskhostw.exe Virus?
Usually, in order to enter your system, Taskhostw.exe Virus needs to mislead you about its real nature and purpose. Normally, the infection pretends to be an attractive offer, a seemingly harmless link, file or a file which could be delivered as an email, attachment, social share link or a pop-up message on your screen. The aim of this is to trigger your curiosity and make you click on the malicious transmitter without taking a moment to think about whether or not it’s safe. At that very moment, the Trojan activates and exploits your system through a vulnerability or an exploit kit. If your antivirus program is updated, it may detect the threat and inform you on time. However, if you have not updated your virus definitions, it may not provide you with protection against a new Trojan such as Taskhostw.exe Virus.
What issues may Taskhostw.exe Virus cause once in your system?
Trojans are a multipurpose type of malware. They can be programmed to perform specific criminal tasks and serve the purpose of their criminal creators. What exactly the hackers may decide to use a threat like Taskhostw.exe for is very difficult to predict. Still, here we have listed some of the most common and possible malicious activities, which the Trojans could generally be programmed to perform. Take a look at them and know that Taskhostw.exe may be related to them or even some other forms of fraud or theft.
- System crashing, corruption and destruction of data: Partial or total corruption of the infected computer could be one of the goals of the hackers. They may also want to delete certain files from your system or to wipe off the entire data from the computer’s hard drives and with a Trojan like Taskhostw.exe, this could happen very easily.
- Unauthorized access to the computer and exploitation of its resources: With the help of a Trojan like Taskhostw.exe, your PC may be turned into a bot, which the hackers can control remotely and manipulate as they please. They may exploit it for a number of other criminal purposes without your knowledge and indirectly relate you to them.
- Spreading viruses and Ransomware: A Trojan horse can infect any system by using stealth and disguise. With the same ease, it can also provide a backdoor for other infections such as Ransomware, Spyware, other Trojans or some other form of insidious malware programs.
- Theft of banking credentials, passwords, and data: Any information that you keep on your PC could easily be transmitted to the hackers’ remote servers when a Trojan horse is secretly working on your system. This means that everything you type and you do on the machine might be getting monitored and used for further fraud, theft, blackmailing or some other form of abuse.
Taskhostw.exe Virus CPU Miner Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.