This page aims to help you remove Vigorf.A Trojan Virus. These Vigorf.A Trojan removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Have you ever come across the term ‘’Trojans’’? Surely you have, it’s quite well-known. Nowadays this term comprises all the programs that seem harmless in the beginning, however, turn out to be extremely malicious. In fact, this is the name of the largest malware family, which has ever existed and can be blamed for more than 75% of malicious infections that have ever occurred. In the following text we have described all the characteristic features of this entire software group, as well as the most important features of Vigorf.A, the program we are focusing on, in particular. We sincerely believe that the Removal Guide we have assembled at the end of this article will also be really helpful when it comes to the removal of this particular Trojan version.
The typical characteristics of any Trojan
Basically, any member of this malicious software group is characterized by its very subtle behavior. You will see in the next paragraphs that these viruses could be programmed to perform a wide range of dangerous tasks while installed on your PC. However, they are very likely to perform them in secret and you may not notice any visible signs of any malicious activities before the virus has achieved its primary purpose. Also, you have to know that all of these malicious programs could be extremely different when it comes to what hackers may program them to do while on your computer. Nevertheless, the most common sources of this kind of malware are usually the same, though they are as well numerous and diverse. What makes all these viruses a family is their ability to hijack your PC in a very subtle way, to do whatever malicious they have been programmed to do and not to show any signs of that.
Trojans usually differ in purpose. What you should be prepared to expect when it comes to Vigorf.A:
- Destruction and corruption. Any program from this family may be exploited with the intention to crash your system. One more probable way of using such a virus is to format your hard disks and render you unable to fully explore the features of your system. Strange as it may seem, some cyber criminals choose random machines and have fun simply by destroying them. It may not be strictly personal against you, it could just be their twisted sense of humor.
- Simple spying. Sometimes Vigorf.A could be used as a tool for spying on users. The dishonest hackers behind this program might even turn on all your computer’s components such as mics, cameras to watch you all the time. Also, the virus may enable them to keep record of your keystrokes, thus of your account credentials. The hackers behind all the Trojans may also desire some particular information connected to your workplace and the company that employs you. Consequently, all your online activities related to your job could be spied on.
- Your system resources might be targeted. The virus could just be programmed to turn your PC into a bot and exploit all its resources, usually for dishonest purposes.
- Malware spreading. All Trojans could be used for transporting Ransomware viruses. If this is the case with the infection bothering you, then your data is indeed in awful danger as the ransom-demanding programs usually encode data and might never recover it; even when the payment of the ransom is immediately completed. Please remember that it is impossible to point out all of the potential Trojan functions. However, the ones above are indeed the most typical ones and you will get an idea of what’s going on with your system.
Vigorf.A is similar to any other Trojan in terms of their potential sources:
- Vigorf.A may be included in websites, torrents and shareware.
- Such viruses could come from video and movie-sharing web pages, usually illegal ones, which are violating copyright policies.
- To get infected is also possible in case you open a contaminated letter from your email or anything attached to it: video, image, even text document.
- Catching Trojans is also quite common if you click on any fake pop-up ad you may come across on the Internet. Such advertisements are not malicious themselves: they may just redirect you to web addresses with probably malicious content.
How to remove Vigorf.A safely and successfully:
For that purpose it is recommended that you follow some functional instructions. We have prepared a set of these for you – see the Removal Guide below.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Often disguised as completely harmless software, this program is extremely hard to be noticed before it has become too late.|
|Distribution Method||Many potential sources including malvertising; torrents; shareware; fake system notifications; infected emails and their attachments.|
|Detection Tool||parasite may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner - to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
Vigorf.A Trojan Virus Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Vigorf.A successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
|File Size: Please Choose a File|
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!