This page aims to help you with the removal of the Pluto TV “Virus”. Pluto TV “Virus” can attach itself to Chrome, Firefox and other popular browsers – often without your explicit permission.
It is important to note that Pluto TV is a strictly legal program. Furthermore, some users probably find it quite useful and entertaining. Still, this does not make up for the fact that it floods your browser with its various ads. Besides, since a lot of users have reported that the app got installed on their PC without their knowledge. Also – since Pluto TV on PC works like a browser extension it might lead to other unwanted behavior – such as pop-ups, prompt windows and advertisements.
Pluto TV PUP and why you may want it removed from your PC
There’s are specific types of software products that are, for the most part, harmless, yet most people tend to consider them unwanted due to various reasons. The general term for such programs is PUP (potentially unwanted programs). Another term you might have heard is bloatware, which usually refers to useless programs, that you’d be better off without. Whatever you wanna call them, such unwanted programs tend to be all over the internet. Some of them might even prove to be potentially dangerous. This, however, is a rarity – most PUP’s are simply annoying and intrusive. Still, you should know that you got to be careful, should you face such a program.
What is Pluto TV?
Lately some PC users have reported intrusive, adware-like behavior from a certain called Pluto TV. This program has a version for android and apple as well (Pluto TV app), but it seems that it’s PC version is problematic. Some of the most common complaints are the appearance of intrusive browser ads, pop-ups and banners, which greatly reduce the quality of browsing experience. That is usually a typical trait of adware programs. Another worrying fact is that Pluto TV can be installed by various other 3rd party programs. It will integrate with your browser and deliver Ads – whether you want this behavior or not.
Here’s some additional information on what is Pluto TV and why it might be something you’d probably want to keep away from your machine.
- Most ads generated by adware programs are harmless and safe. However, though rarely, clicking on some of them might redirect you to illegal or malicious sites, which could potentially infect your PC with a virus. It is even possible that clicking on any of the pop-ups might directly result in downloading another unwanted program or a harmful software. Again, this does not happen in the majority of cases. Still, it is something that you should know about ad-generating programs.
- Another aspect that makes many specialists consider Pluto TV a PUP is the way it sometimes gets installed. Most of the time people go to the app’s website and download it from there. However, in some cases, the program might get installed on your PC without your knowledge. This is done via the file-bundling method. When this method for software distribution is used, the app is bundled with another free or cheap program. Once that other program gets installed, you also get the PUP on your computer. This method is not illegal and preventing the installation of such a program is actually pretty simple and easy.
- The reason why sometimes users fail to avoid installing the PUP is because they often go for the regular installation when getting a new program. We advise against doing this. The reason for that is because going for the regular install will not enable you to customize the installation settings and you might end up landing a PUP (in this case – Pluto TV). Instead, what you should do is opt for the advanced/custom settings – that way you will be able to see the list of added content and uncheck everything you my not want or need. However, it is still up to you to decide whether or not Pluto TV is an unwanted application. As we already said, some users might find it quite entertaining, especially if they don’t mind the intrusive ads.
If you currently have this program on your computer and seek a way to have it removed, you can try our guide below this article. If you want to enhance your PC protection against any potentially unwanted programs, you might invest into an anti-adware/bloatware tool. These are quite helpful when it comes to intercepting PUP’s that might have otherwise gotten into your system without your knowledge or consent.
|Type||PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Pluto TV
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.